Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Thimble Full of Fire

I watched as you dropped your bouquet to the forest floor
And hid among the tall grass.
I chased the dream of you among the trees,
Weaving a lonely little path here and there.
I know I'll never catch up,
With my hands always grasping through the mist.
But your notes continue to resound through out the woods
As I try to follow your symphony.

I never noticed the weight of continuing this chase,
Too heavy to hold to the course.
You all told me so
The only way to go and I know,
So I let go, let go, let go
So here I end this race,
Never did I match my pace that I had when I entered this place.
I have burned myself out,
Worn myself down,
So I must go, I must go, I must go.

As I take one last look back through the woods,
I see you carrying on and upwards, upon new paths not known to me.
Now we are free.
Now we are free.


No comments:

Post a Comment