Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Hollow Body

I wish I could sing with urgency
But currently I only hum under my breath.
I used be to so sincere
Sincerely believing in so many things
Like I could change the world
And have love handed to me on a silver platter
All the while believing in an inherit innocence in creation.
Now I'm not so sure about all those beliefs.

I still want to believe that there's light in the storm
And that music can still be heard above the static.
I think the bravest souls are those who venture out among masses
To play their songs, tell their stories, and share their hope.
Words have weight so weigh them carefully before sculpting
You could build world from words and songs and laughter.
On the days where I fear that the words I write are empty,
The days where I just don't feel anything,
I just remind myself that violins are hollow.


No comments:

Post a Comment