Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Kindly Forget

The mistake that I made
              Would
Be reopening that box.

And letting myself remember
         That
Time makes us all strangers.

Everyone likes to say that they would
                                   Make
The same choices again; I don't think I could.

Letters and tickets, all in triplicate,
            It
Is a lot to come back upon.

Don't let restless regret get the
                                    Better
Of your better choices, better friends.

I will amass the memories with reverence,
             For
I will care for their meaning and their sleep.

I don't mind being the archivist alone; as for
                                         You?
Your work is over, your work continues.

Thank you.

tennis courts, july 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment