Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Falling With Room to Spare

I can stand the feeling of falling,
When gravity wins me back;
All dressed up and down I go.

Oh hello old familiar foundations,
Breaking the fall; can't see anything
With my feet off the ground and head in the clouds.

Comfortable with being uncomfortable;
Learning to lean with the curves.
I'm a mess,
I'm a wreck;
We're doing well,
We're doing fine.

Jumping off the balconies,
Conducting your own backyard symphonies,
Sprinkler sprinting along the main street scene;
Failing, falling, all the progress to be done.

We are royal glory and royally undone;
Listen to us creak and moan with the possibilities,
Watch us bow and bloom beneath the summer sun,
Feel us fight for air and forgotten friendships.

Let us linger among the late night laughter,
Flaunt the fascinating failures of risks we took,
Swapping words about the stars we wish we could follow,
And admit just how just how afraid we all are each day.

Falling, falling, falling;
Time to let go.


No comments:

Post a Comment