Thursday, February 28, 2013

Dancer in the Woods

I've never seen someone dance across the snow as she did.
Despite the weight of the act, as she moved as though to save a life,
No prints were left on ground, no one but me will ever know she danced here.
With arms raised as the silence fell around her,
She turned with the earth and beauty unfolded around her.
Snow like sand slipped through her outstretched fingers.
She spun at the center of everything, every movement made with purpose.
We might as well have been a world apart as she glided before me.
Her laughter bloomed and rose and was swallowed by the trees
With her tears falling and freezing on their journey to the ground.
She was the land, the weather, the storm; everything mysterious and pristine.
She was a force of nature and all I could do was feel guilty for being there.
She dances for these woods, these ghosts, for me.
She dances knowing it will all end, that she may well be the last dancer in the woods.
Soon she finishes, smiles, and bows to me; her lasting gift an only memory.
She is gone and the world has become poorer for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment