Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Confession Booth

I have never been been drunk but I have been blind,
I have never been high but I have lived with my feet off the ground.
I have smiled and turned the cheek only to complain to those behind me.
I have lied to love and have stolen it when I can;
No refunds, no returns.

I'm the liar and I'm a thief
But for some reason I'm convinced that I'm always sincere.
I've clutched God and love like a sword and shield,
waving them as pretexts for my fears and dispositions,
based on my fears and hesitations.

So I take heart, dear heart, and take risks to be vulnerable
And for some reason I find peace enough to sleep.
I want to be a legend and I want to be a monolith
And I fear the sea and change for all their depth and erosion.
Maybe it's the exposure that I fear in the deep and wide places of the world.

For some reason I always believe my daydreams are better than what others dream,
That me, myself, and I have it all figured out better than you.
It's like I'm living a life built over ancient ruins, hiding beautiful architecture
And where wasted sunshine shines on empty streets that I once walked.
I'm terribly sorry I do these things; I promise to feel just as bad next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment