Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Leaning

You have been lied to about time,
About how it ebbs and flows.
It will speed up when you're among friends,
Or falling in love as you know,
But it's at its fastest when you're where you don't want to be.
The longer you stay,
From fear or a slight bending of the path,
The more of you that gets away.

Are we honest with ourselves when we rise from our beds?
About how we wish we were better at keeping our friends together.
That we really tried with our first, second, third chances.
Maybe we should have burned a little brighter, danced a little harder;
If I could give you my good colors I would.

Should have,
Should have,
Should have,
Never means a thing.
I am who I've been
And I try for a better past;
Please kindly remember
How I'm still bending to this.


No comments:

Post a Comment