Monday, August 5, 2013

Falling Out

I think I'll let myself go.
I think I'll just pack up and leave.
These bones are wearing thin,
Hurting when I think aloud,
I think it's time to start again.

Every now and then I see bits of me passing by
After I handed them out like tricks on Halloween.
I always thought they would return,
Like cheap gifts on Christmas,
Like unrequited love on Valentines;
But they were always ignored like Boxing Day.

I just want to lean on God's ear for a while,
In the mountains or maybe just away from here.
I fear the desperation so like all my fears I will carry it along,
Place it in front of Him and ask Him about the closed doors,
Of minor characters and final chords.

I placed those I loved where I could not reach,
In the heavens, among the stars,
And that's my fault and only mine.
So this one's for me.








No comments:

Post a Comment