Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Just a Handful of Words

Do these words have meaning
Just because I wrote some down, conceiving
Some ideas, some thoughts of fear, love, and trepidation.
So do you think what my words bare are worth believing
While I speak and shake and ponder how quickly I can be leaving
So that I may go and hide behind my friendship as I tremble with hesitation.

They say write about what you do know
And I'm supposed to know me personally
But personally I find it hard to know me
As my emotions and thoughts drag me away from where I should be.

You can see my disdain plain on my face, as I wrestle and cope
Pondering if I've ever even said anything of any significance.
My math is one word plus an idea times direction divided by doubt
And I end up with a sum of less than what I had hoped to amount to.

All my words have rebelled up at me, at one time or another.
All I can do is apologize for using them like that.



No comments:

Post a Comment